Welcome to North Star Elementary
Welcome Back From Principal Scott Manni
As we approach the new school year, I am thrilled to extend my warmest welcome to both returning and new families to North Star Elementary. My name is Scott Manni and I am honored to serve as Principal. I am truly excited about the upcoming academic year and the countless opportunities it holds for our students to learn, grow, and flourish. Our open house is scheduled for Thursday, August 31st from 3:30 – 5:30 P.M. where you will find out who your student is going to have for a teacher.
At North Star, we believe that every child is unique and has the potential to excel in various aspects of their lives. Our dedicated team of teachers and staff is committed to creating a nurturing and inclusive environment where each student feels safe, supported, and inspired to reach their full potential.
Throughout the school year, we will focus on providing a comprehensive and well-rounded education that emphasizes academic excellence, character development, and the cultivation of critical thinking skills. Our curriculum is designed to challenge and engage students while fostering creativity and a love for learning.
Parental involvement and support play a crucial role in a child’s education, and we encourage you to actively participate in school activities, events, PTA, and parent-teacher conferences. Our school thrives when we work together as a community, and your partnership is invaluable.
As the first day of school approaches, I encourage you to take the time to reconnect with your child and discuss their aspirations for the new academic year. Together, let us set goals and support our students in achieving them.
Thank you for entrusting us with your child’s education. I am eagerly looking forward to meeting each one of you and partnering with you in creating a successful and enriching learning journey for our students.
If you have any questions or require assistance before the school year begins, please feel free to contact the school office, (218) 742-3944. School supply lists are available here on our website. Transportation information will be mailed prior to school starting.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: Tues., Oct. 24 and Thurs., Nov. 2
- The doors will open at 7:45 A.M. Students should not arrive before this time. Bus drop off will be on Fayal Ave. Breakfast will be served to students starting at this time. Students will be on the playground or eating breakfast until the start of school at 8:05 A.M.
- Remember that every Wednesday is an early release day and dismissal is an hour early at 1:55 P.M. Please arrange your child’s after school plan accordingly. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday release times are 2:55 P.M.
- If you are picking up a student or dropping items off, please use door #11, Elba Ave. All items must be brought to the office.
- If your address or phone number changes during the school year, it is VERY IMPORTANT to contact the office immediately with the new information.
- Please have your child be prepared and dressed appropriately for the weather. We will have recess every day unless it is raining, or the temperature is too cold.
- Please label ALL of your child’s belongings with their name. This includes lunch pails, jackets, shoes, boots, snow pants, backpacks, sweatshirts, water bottles, etc.
- It is out protocol to have your child follow their normal after school plans unless you have provided a note/email/phone call stating otherwise. If you have last minute after school changes, please make all attempts to notify the office before 2:30 P.M.
- If your child is sick, or not attending school for the day, please call the office (218)742-3944. You can find all the details about attendance in the Student handbook.
- All students may be photographed for school related purposes unless we hear differently from you.
- Please remember that teachers are busy instructing during the school day. All calls will be transferred to voicemail, and emails/messages will be returned at the teacher’s earliest convenience. If you have an immediate concern, please call the office.
Construction & Transitions
The vacant Franklin Elementary building in Eveleth will be home to North Star students (grades 3-6) and staff during the two-year construction process of the new North Star Elementary in Virginia. Once construction is completed, the new North Star will open its doors for students to begin learning Fall of 2024.
Here is a Q&A with a wealth of information about all of the building transitions and upcoming elementary attendance boundaries: